lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Java client library (SOLR-20 / SOLR-30)
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 14:02:31 GMT

On Jan 7, 2007, at 2:56 AM, Ryan McKinley wrote:
> I just posted a solr client that does search and update to SOLR-20.
>
> With the addition of:
>  \solr\client\ruby\solrb
>
> it seems appropriate to put this (or equivalent) in:
>  \solr\client\java\solrj

It all depends on what else you have in mind for the client/java
area.  For the Ruby side of things, there are currently two
components, solrb which is a Ruby API like your Java one, and flare
which is going to be a full-fledged web application front end for the
search/browse experience.  There may be other pieces under the Ruby
library too, like the acts_as_solr plugin, though maybe that would be
subsumed by the solrb API itself.

Go for it however seems appropriate though.  solrj sounds good to me.

	Erik