lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Gervais <projec...@project10.net>
Subject memcached SolrCache implementation?
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:39:02 GMT
Hi devs,

I'd like to see about making a SolrCache implementation that uses the
memcached library @ http://www.whalin.com/memcached/. I believe that
this would be useful for replicated sites, allowing all the search nodes
to use a shared global cache.

 From my reading of the LRUCache code and the SolrCache interface, it
seems like this is doable. I don't believe it's possible to implement
autowarming, as there doesn't seem to be a way to get a list of cached
keys from the memcached library.

Can someone comment on whether this seems like a good idea? I would like
to dig in the Solr internals, and this seems like a good starting point.

If so, I'm not certain how to pass up additional arguments to a custom
SolrCache implementation - I'd like to replace queryResultCache with my
implementation, but will need to provide additional configuration -
memcache server string, etc. Is it permissible to add custom attributes
to the queryResultCache configuration node?

Thanks for the feedback

-Shawn