lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Klaas" <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use whiteboard for experimental stuff? (was: duplication in client/ruby/solrb/solr)
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:19:47 GMT
On 1/4/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On 1/4/07, Mike Klaas <mike.klaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ...Might labs.apache.org make sense for this project?...
>
> As Flare is closely related to Solr, I think it belongs in our repository.
>
> OTOH, it might be good to put such experimental stuff in a
> "whiteboard" directory instead of "trunk", to make it clear that it's
> not (yet) part of what we're releasing.

I'm cool with Flare being part of the Solr repository, as long as it
in a way that makes sense.  But Erik has indicated that the current
situation is temporary, so I think we can worry about that later.
There is definitely no point in throwing up administrative hurdles to
cool nascent subprojects.

-Mike