lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Use whiteboard for experimental stuff? (was: duplication in client/ruby/solrb/solr)
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:42:56 GMT

On Jan 4, 2007, at 4:26 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 1/4/07, Mike Klaas <mike.klaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ...Might labs.apache.org make sense for this project?...
>
> As Flare is closely related to Solr, I think it belongs in our
> repository.
>
> OTOH, it might be good to put such experimental stuff in a
> "whiteboard" directory instead of "trunk", to make it clear that it's
> not (yet) part of what we're releasing.

Would making this clear in the README files in both the solrb and
flare directories be sufficient?

I'm happy to move things wherever folks would like.  It's certainly a
playground of sorts for me right now, though I expect to have flare
functional very soon.  solrb is already functional, for what its
worth, though its not particularly fancy yet.

	Erik