lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: changes before release?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 20:58:48 GMT
On 11/7/06, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
> "ant nightly" currenlty includes servlet-api-2.4.jar in the lib dir .. but
> we don't have any license for it .. we should probably just be
> supressing it from the release correct? (it's only for compilation as i
> recall)

I grabbed this jar from Tomcat, and looking at the source, it's ASF licensed.

> do we have the apache licenese in a comment in every file? .. the release
> doc suggests we should, but i also seem to remember someone saying that
> policy had changed recently.

docs seem to say so... but most other projects don't seem to follow this.
I'd rather not put it in every single config file, but the docs
suggest that anything significant needs it.

> the META-INF of our jars/wars doesn't inlcude LICENSE and NOTICE files
>
> is our MANIFEST file "standards compliant" ??

I'd accept a patch from someone that knows how to do this easily in ant...

> it looks like we should generate seperate .tar.gz/.zip binary and
> source releases, and use Ant's <fixcrlf> to make all text files in the
> .zip releases contain windows formated files.

Exclude shell scripts... I just upgraded cygwin, and the newest bash
sees line endings with \r\n as having a literal \r

-Yonik