lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Solr, new index format (segments_N)
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:54:24 GMT
Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On 11/28/06, Manuel Albela Miranda <albela@3.14financial.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer. Yes, i'm using Sun's JDK 1.5.0 too. Can you tell
>> me the step you followed to get solr running with the lockless commits?.
>> I compile the latest java lucene and then put the jar files generated in
>> the lib directory of the solr distribution. Finally running 'ant' it
>> compiles without any problem. But when trying the example with the new
>> index format, it fails.

These are the steps I did (with Sun's JDK 1.5.0):

   * Checked out the current trunk of Solr (from svn)

   * Checked out the current trunk of Lucene (from svn)

   * Built the Lucene JARs ("ant jar-core")

   * Copied jar to Solr dir:

       "cp build/lucene-core-2.1-dev.jar
../solr/lib/lucene-core-nightly.jar"

   * Then ran "ant example" in solr dir (which creates solr.war under
     example/webapps).

   * Start jetty (cd example; java -jar start.jar)

   * Submit all the xml files (cd exampledocs; sh post.sh *.xml)

   * Verified that index (example/solr/data/index/*) shows segments_N
     file (not segments), to confirm lockless is in fact running.

   * Ran some searches, did some more of the examples (using curl to
     delete & commit, etc.), and they all seem to be working fine.

Mike