lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hoss Man (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (SOLR-49) PATCH: XSLTServletFilter
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:35:35 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-49?page=all ]

Hoss Man updated SOLR-49:
-------------------------

    Attachment: SOLR-49.diff

SOLR-49.diff is solr-XSLTResponseWriter-20061016.tar.gz in svn patch form with a few small
tweaks...

1) I removed the javadocs on the init() method in each of the concrete QueryResponseWriter
classes so they would inherit the interface docs.
2) I added a small unit test to demonstrate that the stylesheet was being applied

I think this is commitable as is, but one small thing occured to me that i wanted to get concensus
on first: right now this can be used to expose any file in the ${solr.home}/conf by trying
to use it as an XSLT ... should it respect the 
<gettableFiles> directive in the solrconfig.xml -- which might be anoying since it requires
explicitly listing each file, or should we change this to only look at files in some new ${solr.home}/xslt
(or ${solr.home}/conf/xslt) directory?

another minor nit: query-to-html.xsl seems like it would render the "query" as html, not the
results of the query ... maybe we should just call it "example.xsl" ?

> PATCH: XSLTServletFilter
> ------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-49
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-49
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: New Feature
>          Components: search
>         Environment: Tested on macosx 10.4.7, JDK 1.5.0_06
>            Reporter: Bertrand Delacretaz
>         Assigned To: Hoss Man
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: SOLR-49.diff, solr-XSLTResponseWriter-20060922.tar.gz, solr-XSLTResponseWriter-20061016.tar.gz,
solr-XSLTResponseWriter-files.tar.gz, xslt-filter-files.tar.gz
>
>
> Patch that implements server-side XSLT transforms of query results.
> The filter is activated by using select/html instead of select/ to run queries, and optionally
adding a transform parameter to specify the XSLT transform to use, for example:
>   http://localhost:8983/solr/select/html?q=usage&transform=my.xsl
> In which case my.xsl should be found in solr/conf/xslt/ with the example configuration.
The default transform (solr/conf/xslt/query-to-html.xsl) outputs a simplistic HTML format.
> Performance is suboptimal, as the filter reparses the XML output generated by Solr. Modifying
the XMLWriter to output to a ContentHandler would be more efficient, but I didn't have time
to go that far.
> The TransformerProvider trivially caches the last Transformer used, could be improved
using an LRU cache of several transformers, I haven't checked if Solr's infrastructure contains
such an animal already.
> The patch is all new files, except for adding this in web.xml before the first <servlet>:
>   <filter>
>     <filter-name>xslt</filter-name>
>     <filter-class>org.apache.solr.xslt.XSLTServletFilter</filter-class>
>   </filter>
>   <!-- apply the XSLT filter when select/html is used to make queries -->  
>   <filter-mapping>
>     <filter-name>xslt</filter-name>
>     <url-pattern>/select/html/*</url-pattern>
>   </filter-mapping> 
> I've left the client-side XSLT stuff (stylesheet parameter) as is for the moment.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message