lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: additive params
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 01:53:16 GMT

: "more like this", and so on.  Maybe what we want is a way to have
: named sets of parameter settings in the configuration file and allow
: a request to use a pre-set by a simple name, keeping the HTTP request
: slimmer.

we can do that right now by registering hte same handler many times with
differnet defaults...

: You know, like pressing "1" on the radio to get WNRN 91.9 :)  (except
: with volume, treble, bass, etc settings built into that button also)

  <requestHandler name="WNRN" class="my.RadioRequestHandler">
   <lst name="defaults">
     <str name="station">WNRN</str>
     <int name="volume">8</int>
     <float name="treble">0.65</float>
   </lst>
  </requestHandler>
  <requestHandler name="KROQ" class="my.RadioRequestHandler">
   <lst name="defaults">
     <str name="station">KROQ</str>
     <int name="volume">11</int>
     <float name="treble">0.35</float>