lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lazy field loading error
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 23:41:58 GMT
: I implemented lazy field loading in Solr, but then get messed up results
: or EOFExceptions.  The index is fine, I turned off lazy loading and it
: looks fine.  Is this known behavior?

I think it's safe to say you are in uncharted territory -- i certianly
wouldn't categorize an EOFException as "known behavior", but anythings
possible when you start modifying guts of Solr.  Getting "messed up
results" wouldnt' suprise me if there was a bad interaction between the
code you modified to do lazy loading and the document cache -- but it's
hard to say without knowing exactly how you turned on the lazy loading; it
might be a bug in your changes, it might be a bug in Solr, it might be a
bug in the lazy loading in the lucene core.

-Hoss