lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Solr and UIMA?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:15:19 GMT
On 8/23/06, Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> What exactly is the UIMA standard?   I didn't see a standard
> mentioned at the UIMA site...

I don't know if "standard" is the correct word, but [1] mentions an
IBM product that "exposes the UIMA interfaces", so there must be an
API of some kind. But it's not too easy to gather from that website,
exactly what this API is ;-(

>From [2] it seems like one of the main goals is to allow analysis
engines to be plugged in on the way to indexation, to add metadata to
what they call "Common Analysis Structure" objects. That page also
links to a (364 pages long...) SDK Users Guide and Reference, [3].

-Bertrand

[1] http://www.research.ibm.com/UIMA/
[2] http://www.research.ibm.com/UIMA/UIMA%20Architecture%20Highlights.html
[3] http://dl.alphaworks.ibm.com/technologies/uima/UIMA_SDK_Users_Guide_Reference.pdf