lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From jason rutherglen <jasonhus...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible bug in copyField
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 01:32:21 GMT
It's coming from a custom XML query handler which is just a serialization of a Query from a
client.  The Solr server should do the analysis as it has the schema.  This is all to support
Span Queries.

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org>
To: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org; jason rutherglen <jasonhusong@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 6:29:29 PM
Subject: Re: Possible bug in copyField

: Thanks.  Yes I came up with a hacked solution to the problem.  Takes a
: Query and rewrites the Terms using the Analyzer.  If the Analyzer

typcially the Analisys happens before you construct a Query object --
where are these Queries comping from that they are already objects but
haven't been analyzed?

: returns more than one Token then those are ignored.  Made Term.text
: public.  Good enough for now, can be improved looks like QueryParser
: already does something like this, however I am confused what the rules
: are for adding multiple new Terms to a Query.

it depends on wether the tokens occupy the same position.  if multiple
sequential tokens are returned, it builds a phrase query, if multiple
parallel tokens are returned it builds BooleanQuery (using SHOULD) ... if
multiple tokens are reutrned and *some* of the tokens occupy the same
position, then a MultiPhraseQuery is constructed.

: