lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Darren Vengroff" <vengr...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: dynamicField + copyField = dynamicCopyField?
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:25:20 GMT
OK, I'll take a crack at it.

I thought about the comment that puzzled you below.  I think you are right,
it would be typical.  I don't know why I thought otherwise.

-D

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 2:13 PM
To: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: dynamicField + copyField = dynamicCopyField?

: copyField do.  Specifically, I'd like to say that any field that matches a
: given pattern should be copied to a specific multivalued destination
field.
: Has anything like this been discussed or implemented before?

It's been discussed, which prompted a FAQ about it, but no one has had the
need/drive to impliment anything beyond what's currently supported...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ#head-6b1d9dc2c14adecfe6fc5ce86448f15fc84baab
9
http://www.nabble.com/Copy-Field-and-Dynamic-Fields-t1228725.html#a3252483

It would be a fairly cool feature to have though if you're interested in
implimenting it.  One thing i wasn't clear on in your email though...

: file.  If a field name matches both a dynamicField and a dynamicCopyField,
: then both behaviors should probably occur, although config files will not
: typically be written this way.

...why not?  Isn't that the most common case? (declaring a dynamicField
with the pattern "*_t" and having a dynamicCopyField that writes copies
anything matching "*_t" to a generic "text" field).

-Hoss