lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GData
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:42:58 GMT
On 4/25/06, jason rutherglen <jasonhusong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here is a good blog entry with a talk on GData from someone who worked on it.  The only
thing I think Solr needs is faster replication, which perhaps can be done faster using a direct
replication model, preferably over HTTP of the segments files instead of rsync?

rsync should be very fast if you configure it to not checksum the
files, and just go by timestamp and size.  It will only transfer the
changed segments.  We get very good performance with this model.

>  Reserving rsync for the optimized index sync.  The only other thing GData does is
> versioning of the documents.

Hmmm, that might require some thought...  I guess it depends on what
GData allows you to do with the different versions.

-Yonik