lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: GData
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:54:35 GMT

: I've been mulling over the idea of having a single Solr instance
: morph into system that can handle multiple client-defined schemas
: (why not?  Lucene itself can handle it) rather than a static XML file
: and allow the schemas themselves to be retrievable (yes, I know it
: already is).  I'm still talking about a single Lucene index, but with
: each Document given a "soup" name field and filters automatically
: available to single out a specific soup.

Given the flexability of dynamicFields, i think we're 99% of the way there
-- all we'd need is support for <copyField source="*_t"  dest="foo"/> and
then you could define a "soup" schema with nothing but dynamic fields
(one per datatype/stored/index triple you care about) and a few common
fields for partitioning and generic text searching.

-Hoss