lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Usage of FunctionQuery
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:53:42 GMT

: Based on two values in a indexed object in lucene, I am trying to return a
: sorted list on that calculation.  I was told FunctionQuery was the place to
: go.  So here is my problem.

take a look at my reply to a similar question to java-user about a month
ago...

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-FunctionQuery-example-request-p3423400.html

Note that if you want a strict sort based on a mathematical equation of
field values, it might make more sense to impliment a custom sort then to
impliment a custom function query -- a function query is designed for when
you want a sort by score, but you want that score to be biased according
to a a mathematical equation of field values.

That said, an description of how to impliment a custom FunctionQuery is
included in that link.

-Hoss