lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: exception in rendering /select XML
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 04:18:51 GMT

On Apr 11, 2006, at 11:56 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> It could be a bug in the XML serialization.
> Is there a way to find out what string is being written (perhaps
> modify the code to catch that particular exception and display the
> string)

I know its a bunch of text I culled from pages like this:

	<http://www.purl.org/swinburnearchive/txt/aicatlnt00>

(it'll redirect)

> The weird thing is that the last Solr line in the trace is
> org.apache.solr.util.XML.escapeCharData(XML.java:100)
>
> 99    if (start==0) {
> 100      out.write(str);
>
> So Solr is writing a complete String to the stream (no chance to add a
> bad offset or length).
> It looks like it could be a Jetty bug... The easiest thing to try next
> might be upgrading to the latest version of Jetty or Tomcat.

I actually saw the stack trace in the partial not-well-formed XML
response on the client as well, if that bit of trivia is useful.

I'll try out those suggestions when I can.

Thanks,
	Erik