lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Ricard" <markric...@gmail.com>
Subject Usage of FunctionQuery
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:51:14 GMT
Based on two values in a indexed object in lucene, I am trying to return a
sorted list on that calculation.  I was told FunctionQuery was the place to
go.  So here is my problem.

Say I have an object that is called AuctionItem.  And inside that item there
is a starting price and the current bid price.  If I wanted to display a
column called "% of starting price" and allow people to sort by that price,
how would I do that using a FunctionQuery?  And in case your answer is to
just index the % of starting price everytime a bid happens, lets pretend,
for this example, that you cannot do that.  I want to calculate the value
and sort by it on the fly.

Thanks,
Mark