lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From jason rutherglen <jasonhus...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: GData
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:08:03 GMT
Also they have created what looks like fine grained date based queries in use with the Calendar
application.  Perhaps having a predefined out of the box way of handling date queries using
date ranges in Solr would be useful.

----- Original Message ----
From: Yonik Seeley <yseeley@gmail.com>
To: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org; jason rutherglen <jasonhusong@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:42:58 PM
Subject: Re: GData

On 4/25/06, jason rutherglen <jasonhusong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here is a good blog entry with a talk on GData from someone who worked on it.  The only
thing I think Solr needs is faster replication, which perhaps can be done faster using a direct
replication model, preferably over HTTP of the segments files instead of rsync?

rsync should be very fast if you configure it to not checksum the
files, and just go by timestamp and size.  It will only transfer the
changed segments.  We get very good performance with this model.

>  Reserving rsync for the optimized index sync.  The only other thing GData does is
> versioning of the documents.

Hmmm, that might require some thought...  I guess it depends on what
GData allows you to do with the different versions.

-Yonik