lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Au" <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r387973 - in /incubator/solr/trunk/src/scripts: abc abo commit optimize readercycle
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:41:47 GMT
I do see the name of the webapp being changed so I will make that
cofigurable
via a command line option.  Chris, is that what you mean by running run them
from
remote hosts?  Or do you mean the scirpts should act on a remote Solr
server?

The scripts as they are written now only acts on a local Solr server.  Some
of the
scripts are more than just a wrapper to curl to post XML to a Solr server.
For example,
a couple of the scripts also backup the index directory.  If we want the
scripts to act
on a remote Solr server, one can always use a remote shell to execute the
scripts locally
on the remove Solr server.

Bill