lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tutorial or demo download
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:56:31 GMT
On 2/14/06, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org> wrote:
> The demo should be included in the standard download.

By "standard download" do you mean binary distribution, or the svn repository?
I'm not sure what a full binary distribution should look like yet...
We had something internally, but it's too tied up in our internal
tools.

> Why not use Jetty instead of Tomcat, since it's so much smaller?

It it's checked in to subversion, I agree that Jetty is probably a
better way to go.

I was thinking of Tomcat at first since some people will start with
the demo and modify it to create their own projects, and I thought
that they might be better served by Tomcat since it's the most
standard.

-Yonik