lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tutorial or demo download
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:48:26 GMT
OK, I envision a solr-demo.zip with the following structure:
solr-demo/
     start.sh, start.bat, stop.sh, stop.bat that call tomcat/bin/startup*
     /tomcat/*
     /conf
        solrconfig.xml, schema.xml, etc
     /data

The "core" binary distribution of tomcat weighs in at 6MB, not too bad.
I guess the right way to package would be to have an ant task that
unzips tomcat, places the solr files in the right places, and zips
everything back up?

Should the tomcat.zip be checked into our svn, or perhaps downloading
the tomcat distribution can be an acceptable manual step for a
developer rebuilding the solr-demo.zip?

We might also want to pre-populate the index before packaging.

-Yonik