lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters" by YonikSeeley
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:49:07 GMT

: > do we really want/need this backwards compatible searching to be in the
: > product at all ? (going forward)

I think that within CNET, people upgrading can change their schemas --
it's not like it requires reindexing or anything.  If we (CNET) really
want it to be 100% backwards compatible, the internal packaging of "solr"
can include all the legacy class names as stub subclasses of hte new
classnames.

: But the solr -> org.apache.solr.* I think it makes the schema easier to read...
:   class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"
: as shorthand for
:   class="org.apache.solr.analysis.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"
:
: The long form can always be used if one want's to use their own
: classes, or just to be more explicit.

+1 ... as long as it's documented.

-Hoss