lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters" by YonikSeeley
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:48:29 GMT

: It's optional... standard packages are searched.
:
: The original reason I did that is to support backward compatability
: with the internal CNET schemas.  Check out the schema of apps/SolrTest
: - I haven't even had a chance to change the names from solar to solr,
: but it still works.

whoa... so you're telling me if I say class="solar.FooField" it first
looks for "solar.FooField", then for org.apache.solr.schema.FooField ? ...
I assume this is also true if i just use class="FooField".

We should definitely document change the example schema and document the
"backwards compatible searching" in the SchemaXml doc.

-Hoss