lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: solr ruby code update
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:25:39 GMT
one concept i think we can remove from next gen solr-ruby's....
autocommit.  the solr side can handle that configuration, and it's
often not really even a good idea to commit until your job is done, as
we now have rollback features and solr really should be able to handle
lots of uncommitted docs.

thoughts?   maybe i'm wrong and having a client api sending commits
periodically in a big batch is warranted.

	Erik