lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: solr ruby code update
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:29:02 GMT

On Dec 17, 2008, at 8:39 AM, Matt Mitchell wrote:
> The result object now has methods that WillPaginate can hook into,
> namely:
> current_page, total_pages, next_page and previous_page. With those
> methods,
> the will_paginate view helper can create the pagination view widget.

Gotcha, so WillPaginate makes it nicer to generate paging controls,
but isn't itself cursoring through Solr.  it provides parameters that
are used elsewhere in another action.  Got it (I think).

I was thinking WillPaginate was maybe doing something like
Solr::Importer::SolrSource - but I was confused.

> <%= will_paginate(@docs) %>

Nah, I think @response is better now that I think about it.  You'll
want the current start/rows back from Solr in the response.  @docs
won't give you that, right?