lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for simplifying solr-ruby and making it better
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:09:28 GMT
One other big wish list item I have for solr-ruby beyond gutting it
and simplifying it to the bare essentials, is to make it JRuby-aware.
When running with JRuby, the SolrJ library will be used and will allow
the use of SolrServer such that an EmbeddedSolrServer can be used.  I
suspect we can make this all seamless somehow such that MRI works fine
over HTTP, and JRuby gets the advantage of being able to work really
nicely with embedded Solr.

	Erik