lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Flare plugin (with Ruby Solr library and acts_as_solr plugin)
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:47:49 GMT
Vincent -

Flare is currently not what I'd consider production ready, but it all
depends on your needs.  It is a simple plugin that ties Solr to RoR
for faceted browsing, full-text search, and Ajax suggest.  It's what
I'd call a hack / proof-of-concept.

There isn't any additional documentation about it.  But there isn't
much code that comprises it either, so it's quite approachable,
though a bit ugly in parts.  You'll find the plugin here:

<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/client/ruby/flare/
vendor/plugins/flare/>

A couple of directories up is an actual Rails application using that
plugin.

The Blacklight team has been working on a  more sophisticated version
of Flare.  You can browse around their repository to track down what
they've done: http://blacklight.rubyforge.org

	Erik