lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: acts_as_solr under Apache
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:14:08 GMT

On Jul 9, 2007, at 1:38 PM, Thiago Jackiw wrote:
> I've really been thinking about moving the acts_as_solr plugin to be
> under apache's license and repository because I don't have much time
> to be working on it anymore and I don't want to be holding it's
> development off.
>
> Let me know your thoughts.

Thiago - I can certainly sympathize with your position.  I have
always felt that acts_as_solr belonged as part of solr-ruby.

We do need a committed few folks that are willing to take
responsibility for bringing it into Apache, which involves not just
committing code but ensuring the legalities of it as far as an
official code donation.  It also involves figuring out how to
distribute releases, publish RDocs, and all that good stuff that I've
thus far neglected with solr-ruby (other than posting gem's to
rubyforge).  Thiago - can you commit to helping with the (potential)
transition?   As for my involvement - it will be August before I'm
free and clear enough to devote much more than a few minutes here and
there to it.

	Erik