lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: acts_as_solr under Apache
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:43:22 GMT

On Jul 10, 2007, at 6:59 PM, Thiago Jackiw wrote:
> I'll be more than happy to help you with the transaction, and by
> moving it to Apache doesn't mean that I won't be helping with the
> development from time to time, I just don't have all the free time I
> had before to dedicate to its development.
>
> Let me know what I need to do for the transaction.

Thiago - first, we need to follow Apache procedures regarding
software grants:

	<http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants>

This entails us getting approval from the Lucene PMC to bring this
code in.  What we need to demonstrate is a viable community.  So
while I understand your situation of not having time, its best not to
use that verbiage when trying to bring code to Apache.  What we want
is a healthy community, not a dumping ground of code for folks
without enough time.

I recommend you bring this topic up to your acts_as_solr e-mail list
and have the folks interested in the future of that plugin to join
this e-mail list and show support for this move.

Again, I'm out of commission for a couple more weeks but can get back
into this in more detail soon.

	Erik