lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Suggs" <aa...@ktheory.com>
Subject Solr::Connection.add XML responses and Solr::Response::Xml
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:23:56 GMT
Hi all,

The XML response that Solr returns after successfully adding documents
to the index appears to differ from the response solr-ruby expects.

Solr version 1.1 and 1.2 return the following XML snippet after
successfully indexing a document:

<result status="0"></result>

However, solr-ruby's Solr::Response::Xml class expects something along
the lines of:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
name="QTime">2</int></lst>
</response>

(see the comments in solr/response/xml.rb)

Since Solr's XML response differs from what solr-ruby expects, the
Solr::Connection.add returns false, even though the document was
committed successfully.

While trying to track down where things diverged, I see the following
in Solr 1.1's changelog:

"The XML response format when adding multiple documents to the collection
in a single <add> command has changed to return a single <result>."

Is it a bug/misconfiguration on my part that Solr is returning
unexpected XML; or is solr-ruby expecting the wrong response?

Cheers,
Aaron Suggs