lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Can't render html entities when adding documents
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:02:09 GMT
Firstly: REXML Sucks!

good grief: <http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-
talk/161603>

Text.new("&nbsp;",false,nil,false).to_s
=> "&nbsp;"

I've added this currently failing test to server_test.rb:

   def test_entities
     @connection.add(:id => 1, :title_text => "&nbsp;")
     response = @connection.query('nbsp')
     assert_equal 1, response.total_hits
     assert_equal '1', response.hits[0]['id']
   end

This works fine with libxml, but fails with REXML because of REXML's
ridiculous escape-everything-not-already-escaped policy.  At the
moment I'm not sure how to resolve this, and I'm not currently sure
how acts_as_solr worked with REXML any differently.  Thiago - can you
shed any light on that?

My vote is to get rid of REXML support in solr-ruby and either
require libxml-ruby to be installed or find some other lighter weight
replacement.

Thoughts?

	Erik