lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Better documentation for solr-ruby
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 05:35:39 GMT

On Jun 16, 2007, at 12:55 AM, Thiago Jackiw wrote:
> Another thing, what's the reason for having two different versions of
> schema.xml? The one under solr-ruby/solr/conf is different than the
> one under solr-ruby/test/conf.

No real reason other than to allow the tests to play with the schema
a bit more if need-be.  The solr-ruby/solr/conf is the golden path
schema for Flare at the moment, intentionally designed as simple as
possible knowing that it does additional field type support like
acts_as_solr.

> Also, is there a place other than digging through the unit tests to
> see the options you can pass when adding a document or doing a search?

Again, sadly, no not really.  The unit tests, I feel, are good enough
to see the options, but certainly RDoc is the way to go for the details.

> Sorry for the bunch of question guys, I'm test-driving it before I
> implement acts_as_solr to use solr-ruby as the 'backend'.

Thanks Thiago!  I appreciate you coming over here to take a deeper
look into solr-ruby.  I think you'll find it is a good fit for aas,
but clearly not as well documented as we'd all like.

	Erik