lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: flare sessions
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 13:12:35 GMT

On May 2, 2007, at 6:30 AM, Antonio Eggberg wrote:
> How are you guys doing it? for me login/logout app has to be a
> separate app cos it might be in a
> different machine
> basically the idea is a "poor mans single sign-on"

I didn't quite read this far for my first reply, obviously.
Apologies for missing the mark on your exact need.   The tie to
session scope for the FlareContext is purely a punt on my part to
design it more flexibly from the start.  So don't feel tied to using
the FlareContext in that manner.

I'm sure there are other tidbits more specific about how you could
pass through session keys on your communications with the Flare app
so that the current session scope works.  Roughly it'd involve
passing through some HTTP headers to the Flare app just like your
browser does.  Cookies.   Using Firefox and FireBug you'll be able to
see what your browser does talking to flare.  Emulate that :)

	Erik