lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: SV: optional dependencies
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:43:38 GMT

On Apr 27, 2007, at 6:20 AM, Antonio Eggberg wrote:
>> Anyone tried out the Mapper stuff besides Jamie and I?  It's become
>> my favorite way to push data into Solr.
>
> I have tried the xpath_mapper and it works great. Faster then I
> thought.

That's surely because it uses libxml instead of the, *cough*
pathetic, REXML library.

Glad to hear at least someone outside of my office has used it :)

> am toying with the idea of making commit limit i.e. make a solr
> commit after
> x number of entries.

Solr has an auto-commit feature that will do exactly this for you.
Look for "autocommit" here: <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml>

> I like to make an atom mapper any advice?

Seems like it could build on top of the xpath_mapper, no?   What type
of object would you be passing to the mapper?  A Mapper only requires
that an object implement the #[] method for looking up values.  The
xpath_mapper overrides that lookup mechanism to instead use an XPath
on the passed in DOM object.  With knowledge of the type of object
you'll be mapping, creating a mapper shouldn't be too difficult.

	Erik