lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Eggberg <antonio_eggb...@yahoo.se>
Subject SV: Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: Simple Web Interface
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:23:54 GMT

--- Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> skrev:

> On Mar 21, 2007, at 2:14 AM, Antonio Eggberg wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by top-down or frequency-based faceting.
> Could you elaborate?

> > http://www.marumushi.com/apps/newsmap/
>
> Very cool!   So this is what you are driving with Solr currently?
> Where does Flare factor into this?

No no, sorry the above site is not mine :-) I am using it at as an
example use case that I have. Among other things the above site
capture some of the stuff that I am planning on doing i.e. using
flare/solr-ruby. this brings me to the frequency-based faceting ..
for lack of better term. I am trying to figure out a way to present
the index based on frequency i.e. if i could find a way to do reverse
example :

By Author (15)
 - abc (8)
 - xyz (7)
By Country ..
 - ..
 - ..

Keyword XX or Phrase YYY
 - Author (15)
 - Country (25)

So in the case above the keyword is dynamic and its based on a frequency
i.e top 100 keywords or phrase beside the stop words etc.. This is what I
am labeling as "dynamic frequency based faceting" like the example URL
above.. They above site is doing it by using some sort of "tree map algorithm"
However no one can use it cos its patented and its cost money :-(, I have
already tried.. is this something in your plan?

Maybe I don't know enough maybe its possible to do with solr today. I have
a feeling that one must extend request handler.. but I haven't looked into
it yet.

I have some more thoughts regarding how will i implement flare/solr but have
to wait before I get passed the first test.

I am trying out the flare as plugin I will get back to you with feedback. That
was very fast converting it to flare plugin.

cheers

kalender. Dessutom 250 MB gratis, virusscanning och antispam. Få den på: http://se.mail.yahoo.com