lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Olle Jonsson <o...@olleolleolle.dk>
Subject Re: solrb/flare in action?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:21:49 GMT
Thanks Erik,

(This is a mostly a plus-one, but also a go-go-go! email.)

> let me define how to bind it to my own application, instead of being
> an all-singing, all-dancing, acts_as_everything_everywhere-style
> plugin.
A resounding +1.

> * gem packaging and distribution on rubyforge (along with a quick
> release schedule)
> * add XML parsing capability to libxml-ruby code
> * better documentation, both on the method level and on the
> integration level
> * more modular request/response design
> * better security -- make sure Solr gets passed sanitary data
> * query builder DSL?
>
> I'm sure once we roll out more functionality based on solrb I'll have
> a lot more ideas.

codas_list.each {|feature| feature.vote_for }

(I'm also interested in fiddling with the source. So much fun, so
little time.)

Just to say it aloud: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/solrb/BrainStorming
gets me all giddy with anticipation.

best regards,
    Olle

PS Erik: (Mr. Wettin says hi. He explained solr and solrb to me. I'm
sold.)