lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Solr Flare for non-Ruby users.
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:31:28 GMT

On Feb 24, 2007, at 11:43 AM, Gmail Account wrote:
> I guess I was more interested in the tagging part more than
> anything. I was thinking that Collex was using tagging from Flare
> and I wanted to see how it was being done or use it. I'm about to
> try implementing tagging with my non-Ruby (.NET) application that
> uses Solr.

As for tagging, it's not as simple as just adding tags to Solr.  A
tag (generally) belongs to a user, so where does the user name come
from?  Solr can't be responsible for that, though it would clearly
become a field that you'd want in Solr.

As for Collex and Flare.  Flare is a distillation of the _ideas_ in
Collex, but currently the two share nothing, not even solr-ruby.  The
plan is to migrate pieces of Collex to Flare as we can.

	Erik