lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Summers <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: solrb/flare in action?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:15:38 GMT

On Feb 13, 2007, at 8:30 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> I have no objections, for the time being, to us checking in
> packages (.gem/.tar/etc) under the pkg directory as "release
> candidates" and allowing folks to "gem install -source ... " them.
> I think the additional -source switch gives Ed heartburn, though I
> really want to make sure we do this the Apache way as much as
> possible.

That's fine...it just isn't optimal. I also don't like being reduced
to submitting patches all the time. Honestly, that's limited my
degree of involvement. Perhaps that's the apache way too :-) And that
isn't a plea to get commit rights btw--just an observation. I'm not
sure I really want commit rights and may perhaps just develop my own
minimalist solr gem over at rubyforge since the space is already there.

//Ed