lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: solrb/flare in action?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:46:53 GMT

On Feb 13, 2007, at 9:25 PM, Steven Parkes wrote:
> Isn't rubyforge in some sense the equivalent of the maven repositories
> at ... wherever they are? Or was the issue access prior release?

Good point.  Along that analogy, Maven supports multiple
repositories, just as rubygems does (and again if there are issues
with it working nicely with Apache infrastructure we can fix it).

> Rails plugins are a lot easier (pronounced "scarier"?) It'll scrape
> any
> site you want for interesting things that look like plugins or you can
> just give it an svn url.

Flare will be packaged as Rails plugins eventually.

Ok, so let's do an experiment with the first solrb release and see
how much pain is felt from an Apache hosted "release candidate" (we
have to be careful calling it a "Release" as that implies more
oversight from Solr and the Lucene PMC).

	Erik