lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Summers <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: flare OAI-PMH harvester?
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 04:00:49 GMT

On Feb 16, 2007, at 11:13 PM, Ryan McKinley wrote:

> Hello-
>
> Is anyone in the flare/ruby community working on / interested in
> OAI-PMH harvester for solr?  I have one (almost) working in java, but
> flare is looking really good and all the library guys seem to be on
> board.  I may have to learn this ruby thing after all.

Definitely interested in how you would see oai-pmh and lucene
interacting. Will Groppe and I have worked on the oai gem [1] which
provides both a client and server oai-pmh components.

Personally I'm also really interested in seeing how lucene/solr/flare
could work with an atom publishing protocol interface.

//Ed

[1] http://rubyforge.org/projects/oai/
[2] http://bitworking.org/projects/atom/