lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Summers <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: solrb/flare in action?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:43:37 GMT
On Feb 13, 2007, at 9:10 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> What a shame to have you fork at this early stage because of "--
> source" or having to submit patches.

I'm actually trying to make a point more than a threat. What's
stopping someone from uploading something called 'solr' to rubyforge
and thus creating confusion about what the appropriate gem to use is?

I can understand wanting to have code and packages hosted at apache.
But I don't seem what the problem is with at the same time
distributing the gem in a way that is familiar to the ruby community
at large. This is how rails is distributed for example [1,2].

//Ed

[1] http://rubyforge.org/projects/rails/
[2] http://rubyonrails.org/down