lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: solrb/flare in action?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:20:18 GMT

On Feb 13, 2007, at 9:10 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> It'd be a shame for you to feel that submitting patches is a
> drag... but it is a necessary step to have community vetting of
> contributions before they get committed.  Look at how well that has
> worked for Solr itself.  Ryan's recent refactoring of request
> handlers and paths iterated ad naseum via JIRA with very solid and
> detailed discussions from both committers and contributors, and the
> design improved thanks to those conversations.

And for the record, I fought with the Ant committers fairly
vigorously to get my first patches committed, and continued to make a
nuisance of myself by fixing bugs, documentation, and prodding for
things to get committed when they sat in Bugzilla.  And the same
thing happened with me and Lucene and Tapestry.

We're a meritocracy - do things of merit and you earn karma.  But, it
does require perseverance.

	Erik