lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Jaafar Altaie <jalt...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Directory Permissions
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 04:21:22 GMT
  Hi,

  After succesfully running the Lucene Demo I'm now trying to customize
it on a Win XP machine. Using the IndexHTML file I want to create my
own index, but I'm getting an "Access Denied" error. The files which I
want to include in the index are in c:\sourcedir and I want the index to
be created in c:\tomcat\webapps\myidx. I'm using the following
command.:

  C:\tomcat\webapps>java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -
index myidx <c:\sourcedir> ..

  I'm getting the following error:
  Access is denied.

  I tried to modify the catalina.policy file by adding the following:

  grant {
permission java.io.FilePermission "/","read";
};

  This didn't solve my problem. Any idea on how I can set the
permissions so that the index files can be sourced from and created to the
directories of my choice? Many thanks