lucene-ruby-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: How's the port coming along?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:37:56 GMT
Very interesting!  I had no idea there were these efforts under way -
thanks for pointing them out.  I still feel strongly that the GCJ/
SWIG approach is the right way to go, and wish I had time to devote
to such an effort, but happily will leave the gory details to those
that really dig that kind of hacking.  PyLucene has shown this
approach to be very fast and also to be able to keep up with the ever
changing Java Lucene API.  I would not want to be left behind with a
native port that doesn't stay up-to-date.

I just added a comment to the first blog, but did not for the second
one as it requires registration.  Could someone get in touch with the
12's guy and bring him on board to this list?

     Erik