From David Allouche <da...@allouche.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 8.1.1
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2019 20:34:23 GMT
> On 17 Jun 2019, at 20:42, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:
>

> On Mon, 17 Jun 2019, David Allouche wrote:
>
>> Thank you, that was very informative.
>>
>> +0 for this release, I builds and pass my test suite.
>>
>> But I was unable to make a complete integration test because I do not have a proper
index format migration infrastructure and my index is made of incompletely-upgraded lucene6
and lucene7 segments.

> So far, you're the only one who has cast a vote.
> No one else, no PMC member, none of the longtime users, no one.

Marc Jeurissen did +1.

And since you posted your message, Milo H Fields III did +0.

So there _is_ interest.

I do have a long-term need for PyLucene, but I really just need one release per major version
to have an index upgrade path. But it seems like Lucene Core make major releases quite frequently
nowadays.