From Rüdiger Meier <sweet_...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Building jcc 3.0 under linux / anaconda python
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 23:12:49 GMT

On 04/15/2017 12:52 AM, Petrus Hyvönen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, again - many thanks to all of you who made jcc work with python 3,
> this is a great thing!
>
> Now playing with linux building and I am using anaconda python distribution
> and it seems like the link library for python is called libpython3.6m.so
> instead of the libpython3.6 that other python seems to use and setup.py
> assume. I have another called libpython3.
>
> If I remove this extra_links_args it seems to build fine, as well as if I
> add a "m" to the end:
>
>        elif platform == 'linux':
>             #kwds["extra_link_args"] = \
>             #    lflags + ['-lpython%s.%s' %(sys.version_info[0:2])]
>             kwds["force_shared"] = True    # requires jcc/patches/patch.43
>
> The -m seems to indicate how python was built:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16675865/difference-between-python3-and-python3m-executables
>
> Not sure if there is a danger in removing this, as long as it builds fine?

Ah, I've had fixed this more complicated like this
https://github.com/rudimeier/jcc/commit/b4a7987ebeeb96d6c71b7635160f798303715877

But good to know that it works without. Actually I've had really
wondered why we such python setup.py would need complicated
extra_link_args at all just to link against itself.

cu,
Rudi