From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installing PyLucene
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:48:24 GMT

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017, marco turchi wrote:

> Nope different linux kernels and python versions (2.7.11 and 2.7.12).
>
> Btw I have also similar problem on the machine with Web access.

I suspect you don't have shared mode enabled when running tests.
The WindowsError exception is a bug that no one hits until the tests fails
to remove its STORE_DIR tree. I need to remove this...
You can remove that try/except bracket since it doesn't apply to you anyway.

Usually, errors with test_PythonException.py have to do with missing shared
mode. If PyLucene is otherwise working for you, you can ignore this or make
sure shared mode is actually deployed with PyLucene.

Andi..

> Best,
> Marco
>
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 3 Jan 2017, marco turchi wrote:
>>
>> Dear Andi,
>>> following you suggestions, I have first installed pyLucene on a machine
>>> with access to the Web and than I have copied the tree on the cluster
>>> machine where I have installed pyLucene.
>>>
>>> Running the make test I have the following errors:
>>> ERROR: testThroughLayerException (__main__.PythonExceptionTestCase)
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>  File "test/test_PythonException.py", line 34, in
>>> testThroughLayerException
>>>    qp.parse("foo bar")
>>> JavaError: <super: <class 'JavaError'>, <JavaError object>>
>>>    Java stacktrace:
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: TestException
>>> at
>>> org.apache.pylucene.queryparser.classic.PythonQueryParser.ge
>>> tFieldQuery_quoted(Native
>>> Method)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.pylucene.queryparser.classic.PythonQueryParser.ge
>>> tFieldQuery(Unknown
>>> Source
>>> at
>>> org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.QueryParser.MultiTerm(
>>> QueryParser.java:585)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.QueryParser.Query(Quer
>>> yParser.java:198)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.QueryParser.TopLevelQu
>>> ery(QueryParser.java:187)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.QueryParserBase.parse(