From Petrus Hyvönen <petrus.hyvo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing PyLucene
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 09:59:08 GMT
Dear Thomas,

I would be very interested in a python 3 port of JCC. I am not a very
skilled developer, looked at starting a development based on the old
python-3 version but it's beyond my current skills.

I would be happy to help and test and review the JCC patches, I think your
patches would be a valuable contribution to JCC.

With Best Regards
/Petrus

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Thomas Koch <koch@orbiteam.de> wrote:

> > NameError: global name 'WindowsError' is not defined
>
> Note that PyLucene currently lacks official Python3 support!
> We've done a port of PyLucene 3.6 (!) to support Python3 and offered the
> patches needed to JCC and PyLucene for use/review on the list - but didn't
> get any feedback so far.
> cf. https://www.mail-archive.com/pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.
> org/msg02167.html <https://www.mail-archive.com/
> pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org/msg02167.html>