From Kevin Lopez <kevin.lopez...@gmail.com>
Subject Pydev and pylucene issues reading libraries
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:09:44 GMT
I have a django project in eclipse's pydev enviroment which need access to
the libjvm.so located at:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/server/

I get this error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/kevin/git/YIF/imageFinder/tools/indexer.py", line 5, in
> <module>
>     import lucene
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/lucene/__init__.py", line 2, in
> <module>
>     import os, _lucene
> ImportError: libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

How can I get pydev/eclipse to see this library? I tried doing:

import lucene
lucene.initVM()

And it seems to work in a python shell running in terminal, but I can't do
this in eclipse, anyone know how I can resolve this? I am running Ubuntu
16.04

Thanks,

Kevin