From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pydev and pylucene issues reading libraries
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:16:23 GMT

> On Jul 12, 2016, at 15:09, Kevin Lopez <kevin.lopez.91@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a django project in eclipse's pydev enviroment which need access to
> the libjvm.so located at:
>
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/server/
>
> I get this error:
>

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "/home/kevin/git/YIF/imageFinder/tools/indexer.py", line 5, in
>> <module>
>>    import lucene
>>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/lucene/__init__.py", line 2, in
>> <module>
>>    import os, _lucene
>> ImportError: libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>> directory
>

> How can I get pydev/eclipse to see this library? I tried doing:
>
> import lucene
> lucene.initVM()
>
> And it seems to work in a python shell running in terminal, but I can't do
> this in eclipse, anyone know how I can resolve this? I am running Ubuntu
> 16.04

If it works in a shell and the shell finds it with the help of LD_LIBRARY_PATH then you need
to make sure eclipse sees the same env variable. If eclipse already loads a libjvm.so file
for its own use, you need to ensure it's the same version as the one you're trying to load
with PyLucene.
These are just guesses, I don't use eclipse.

Andi..